In the first week of September we had the pleasure of bringing our Nordic Distributors, Platinum- and Gold partners to London for CloudSec and our own Nordic Partner Summit – both with a great line-up of speakers & panelists.
Our Nordic Partner Summit is not only about listening to industry leading speakers, but also an arena to discuss with peers from other countries and not least – the event where we can award our amazing partners and individual contributors. We wouldn’t have been where we are today without these people – our extended Trend-family.
A big congrats to the following winners:
A big conrats also to Dulram, who wasn’t able to join us in London.
- “It’s about time you start sandboxing your own employees” – Rik Ferguson
- Machine learning is becoming a buzzword. Machine learning is a technique. What is most valuable is the output and what we can learn from it
- Online extortion is at an all-time high. New families of ransomware are discovered in an excessive speed
- Don’t use compliance as a shield. Compliance is where you begin, not stop. Compliance should be viewed as an obligation and security as an aspiration
- Make sure your employees are educated, aware and engaged
Rik Ferguson made another interesting point regarding the perceived cyber skills gap in the industry. “There’s not a cyber skills gap, the industry is just looking for the wrong things: It’s looking for paperwork and certifications rather than people and skills.” The problem is that employers are looking to hire certificates. They should be looking for tenacity, problem-solving, analytical thinking. These skills are far more useful than a CISSP.”
As a final remark, please note the following: The fast, educated and aware will beat the slow, ignorant and naive in security.